1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing a letter of complaint

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MarilynDan, Dec 28, 2011.

1. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

I ordered 20 x 100 stacks of CDs from Tesco (blank for my website) and they arrived rattling around mainly broken open and loose in a far too big box with no packaging to stop the stacks banging together, falling over and generally getting damaged in transit. I wrote a very angy email as it was the second time in 8 months this has happened. The first time I didn't mention compensation. The second time I did.
    After that three different people rang to ask if the replacements had arrived OK and each different person sent me another £20. All in all I very nearlly almost made a profit on the order because they also sent out extra replacements [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. Please put this right so that I can continue to recommend your excellent service.

4. If its a large company you will normally get something as they have people working specifically in the role of complaint resolution. I once got a £20 gift card from boots because my OH is diabetic (Which contributes to him being prone to thrush!) and went in to ask for thrush treatment. They were very rude, made him feel embarrassed and wouldn't sell it him because he was a man!! I wrote and complained and a lovely lady rang me back and offered me the gift card.