1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing a covering letter/personal statement

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lizziespears, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Hi, I am about to embark on applying for a Deputy position and need some advice on what to put into a personal statement/covering letter. I am feeling a little rusty about the whole process as I haven't been for an interview or applied for a job in 11 years. The post is coming up in my school fairly shortly.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there Lizzie - you've come to exactly the right spot!
    If you open the Welcome thread, you will find some clickables inside. The FAQs and the Shortlisting clickables are the ones that you need at the moment. Hopefully, you'll need the interview ones later on!
    Other posters have followed this advice exactly:
    Dear Theo: Executive summary works- I have an interview
    and Heads appreciate it too:
    <h3>The benefit of an executive summary</h3>So it could be just what you need!
    Best wishes.
    <h3>____________________________________________________________</h3>TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.
    The TES Careers Advice service runs seminars, one-to-one careers and applications advice, one-to-one interview coaching and an application review service.
    I shall be doing one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details.
    Look forward to seeing you then!