1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing a contract

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by Mathsteach2, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Mathsteach2

Mathsteach2 Occasional commenter

There are threads here discussing the need for a contract. If I continue in my retirement with private tuition, I am going to advertise, and any prospective clients will have to sign my contract. I post my contract here to see if anyone can see possible flaws in it, or omissions. Fees are in Barbados dollars. Many thanks.

CONTRACT FOR TUITION AND THE PAYMENT OF FEES.

I accept that the charges for tuition are $15.00 for each half hour booked, or $30.00 for each half hour booked if I prefer one-to-one tuition.

At the lower rate, I understand and accept that the maximum size of the class will be four students.

I agree to arrive on time and conduct myself in accordance with the Guidelines set out in writing by my tutor, of which I hold a copy.

I understand that lateness may be penalised by ending the particular session on time with no re-embursement of fees.

I understand that no excuses for lateness will be accepted.

If the session has to be cancelled by either my tutor or myself, then either party will notify the other giving at least 24 hours notice. I understand that If I fail to do this, unless caused by an emergency situation, there will be no re-embursement of fees.

If I cancel a session in accordance with this agreement there will be no forfeit of fees, and the session will be made available at another suitable time.

I agree to pay in advance for a minimum of ten sessions, each of half an hour duration.

Dates and times of these sessions will be agreed with my tutor at the time of payment. The sessions can be joined together, e.g. four sessions could be delivered as a single two-hour lesson.

I willingly sign this agreement and pay my fees to indicate my serious commitment to all tutorials paid for.

Signed: Date:

OR: Signed by parent:

On behalf of:

Date:

Tutor's signature: Date:

2. Mathsteach2

Mathsteach2 Occasional commenter

My apologies. Each item held a bullet but it has not transferred to my post!

3. I would rename it:

Private Tuition Agreement (2011)

and also add somewhere:

Either party may terminate this agreement at any point by giving at least 2 days notice. Terminations within this point may incur a cancellation charge at 50% of the agreed tuition rate.