1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writers block for writing activity tomorrow - can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sugababes, Jan 26, 2012.

1. sugababes

sugababes New commenter

As the title says, I'm having writers block and can't think of anything for our writing session tomorrow. I'm in Year 2 and we're doing the Iron Man at the moment, with a focus on non-fiction so we've been looking at definitions, glossaries and alphabetic order.
    Really need a good idea for some writing tomorrow and can't think of any! Did lots of writing over the last couple of weeks on descriptions of characters/settings, retelling story so far (we're only up to ch 3) and predicting what might happen next.
    Any help would be much appreciated!!

2. deeley

deeley New commenter

Prepare interview questions for his visit, then bring in TA or confident pupil to hot seat.

Front page newspaper on his discovery

Annotated diagram/explanation on
    How iron man works

Play robots with partner and write down instructions to operate him

Any good?

3. sugababes

sugababes New commenter

We did a newspaper report at the end of last week and it didn't go too well! Chn ended up writing a retell of the story.
    I think I may borrow your idea of diagram/explanation of how the Iron Man works or maybe writing instructions on how to operate him?

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Not read this in a while so not quite sure how far Chapter 3 has got to, but could you do something on Hogarth? How his schoolmates might re-act to his 'fantastic story'. Some partner role play and then get children to think of some questions to 'quiz' Hogarth about? Then next week you can work out some answers.