1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Write to your MP!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by David Getling, Oct 17, 2015.

1. David Getling

David Getling Lead commenter

Well, I see that this forum is still bursting at the seams with qualified teachers who can't get a job.

At the same time, in the TES news I see that MPs are to investigate the recruitment crisis. I think that in large part this crisis is down to rouge heads who don't give a damn about their students. The only people they are interested in recruiting are those who are very cheap and close to suffocating due to all their brown nosing.

Take me as an example. I very successfully tutor A-level maths (all modules), physics and chemistry, yet schools are prepared to let their students go without rather than employ me. It doesn't matter whether a head likes me or that I'm not prepared to waste hours on their application form. If they don't have any other qualified applicants then it's their duty to bloody well shut up, put up, and consider me for the position.

I wrote to Gibb after his last comment denying the crisis, to confirm that he was correct and tell him what is going on, but the man is a waste of space.

Perhaps if enough out of work qualified teachers write to their MPs something will be done about these prats that are running so many UK schools. Ideally I'd like to see recruitment taken out of their hands and centralised. It would save everyone a lot of time and money, though I suppose TES would miss their large advertising revenue.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter