1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Write dance movements

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sillysausage21, Nov 28, 2011.

1. sillysausage21

sillysausage21 New commenter

Hi,
    Does anyone have any simplified versions of the write dance movements? The book is a little confusing when you haven't used it before! We have done the volcano but not sure of the krongelidong! Thanks

2. Do you find write dance works?
    My previous school ploughed on with it for aaages despite the staff not particularly enjoying it (although most of the children did) and it showing no improvement in childrens gross or fine motor developments compared to previous cohorts... We eventually managed to drop it, much to the deputy heads disgust as she was sold on it.

3. We make it up to be honest! Tend to think about the kind of gross motor movements children need and adapt it to suit this. Otherwise it's a bit wishy-washy!

4. sillysausage21

sillysausage21 New commenter

Ok thank you. I'm new to Reception so am trying it out this year. We enjoyed the first song- volcano. I observed somebody in another school doing this one but coming to use the book myself fidning it really confusing!!

5. I also make up my own movements- we do ours on the carpet in the class so rarely do movements that involve sitting/lying down due to space.
    I hate the stupid womans voice on the CD- and the songs- but I do love doing the actions- I want there to be a 'Take That' version of write dance- how popular would that be?