1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

wreck of the zanzibar

Discussion in 'Primary' started by stressfulteacher, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Does anyone have any resources on the novel the wreck of the zanzibar? I am thinking of planning my literacy around this novel for the first few weeks in year 5

2. Does anyone have any resources on the novel the wreck of the zanzibar? I am thinking of planning my literacy around this novel for the first few weeks in year 5

3. I am doing this story for Narrative 1 with year 5 and could also do with some help as I'm an NQT and haven't really got the foggiest where to start.

I have found a couple of resources on www.primaryresources.co.uk under reading and then under author but there doesn't seem to be much out there.

4. I don't really like it that much, doesn't seem to be very exciting and it's awfully predictable. But it's the book that has been chosen because they have enough copies of it for all the children. I think that's why I'm finding it so hard to get any inspiration.

5. I've used it with several classes for guided reading and the children seem to enjoy it - there is always a lot of discussion about the issues covered in it.

6. Fingers crossed the children will enjoy it more than I did!

7. I would love someone to come up with a pack of resources that include display etc that link to the topic. Anyone got time in the holidays?

8. Scholastic sell a "read and respond" book with loads of activities in, for the wreck of zanzibar. We've used the read and repsond books for 4 weeks on Carrie's War and for Charlottes Web, they're a really good resource. You can usually get them cheaper on Amazon.

9. David Fulton's Author Study series includes one for Michael Morpurgo with activities for Wreck of the Zanzibar
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Morpurgo-Author-Activitie...

Worth checking the others too
    There's one for Robert Louis Stevenson with activities for Treasure Island

David McKee, Edith Nesbit and Ted Hughes also feature.

10. Happyregardless

Happyregardless New commenter