1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WRAT 4 - advice needed.

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by ElenaMukhina, Sep 11, 2015.

1. ElenaMukhina

ElenaMukhina Occasional commenter

We have begun assessing new year 7s( for baseline) using the new WRAT4. However compared to the WRAT3 it is more time consuming as it has a sentence comprehension component and the grading is more extensive.

Do any of you use this in your school? If so how do you manage, since much of the test has to be done 1to1?

Or, do you use alternative assessment for year 7 baseline?

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Only used for a handful of students for AA @ KS4 . I don't think it's meant to be delivered to large co horts of students. I think most settings would use a range of assessment methods on entry - Spelling / Reading Comprehension tests , perhaps a Dyscalculia / Dyslexia screener alongside CATs scores and info from associate schools. This is what we used to do ( mainstream secondary ) for the whole year group.

3. Innocent

Innocent New commenter

Definitely only use it for AA and very few other assessments. We use the spelling from WRAT4, but not the rest of it.

4. ElenaMukhina

ElenaMukhina Occasional commenter

Thanks for helpful replies.