1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

wraparound question

Discussion in 'Governors' started by yorky, Jan 20, 2012.

1. yorky

yorky New commenter

I'm struggling to find the answer to this, having googled many different permutations!

I am a governor of infant school with nursery. The nursery only is open in the mornings. Some parents have stated they'd like to be able to pay for their child to stay in nursery for some afternoons. (ie wraparound childcare for only those already attending the nursery, not extra sessions for additional pupils) The HT believes this would have to be separately OFSTEDed or she would have to allow parents to use 15 free hours over eg 2 1/2 days instead of just mornings if they requested it.
    I've posted this on various boards in the hope that someone will know the answer/ point me in the right direction for up-to-date info (not teachernet!!)
    thanks

2. yorky

yorky New commenter

I'm struggling to find the answer to this, having googled many different permutations!

I am a governor of infant school with nursery. The nursery only is open in the mornings. Some parents have stated they'd like to be able to pay for their child to stay in nursery for some afternoons. (ie wraparound childcare for only those already attending the nursery, not extra sessions for additional pupils) The HT believes this would have to be separately OFSTEDed or she would have to allow parents to use 15 free hours over eg 2 1/2 days instead of just mornings if they requested it.
    I've posted this on various boards in the hope that someone will know the answer/ point me in the right direction for up-to-date info (not teachernet!!)
    thanks