1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WOW launch activity for topic on coasts - Year 4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by llov1_04, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Just looking for some more inspiration for my coasts WOW day! I thought I'd invite the children to a day at the beach - our classroom! We're going to watch Finding Nemo which is going to be one of the key films for our literacy work and looking at sea life, whilst eating some ice cream! I then thought we'd spend some time talking about where we've been over the summer hols and then use map skills to mark this on a big map on our display.
    Has anyone else had a WOW day with this theme, who can recommend any other successful activities? Or even if you haven't, is there anything else that you think would be a good start to inspire the children?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

What about a Punch and Judy show if you have someone near that could put one on?
    Sand sculptures.

3. Thanks Marlin-love the idea of sand sculptures.Just found some fantastic examples on Weston Super Mare beach! The kids will love it!

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide