1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wow, it's really happening!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by beekayjay, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Tomorrow is my last day in work - my course starts in two weeks. I can't believe it's finally come around! Last thing I remember it was April and I was stressing about student finance. I'm starting to get so nervous but it's a good kind of nerves. Hopefully enough to motivate me. Good luck with your course. [​IMG]

2. MonsterTeachingIdeas

MonsterTeachingIdeas New commenter

I finished work on Friday and start my course on Mon 12th. Getting quite close now. Scared.

3. I kick off my PGCE in Modern Foreign Languages at Sheffield Hallam on Wednesday. After 20 years dragging my bones around the world in commerce, and getting fed up of being in rooms full of people with not a shred of sincerity between them, I'm taking the plunge with a career (and lifestyle) overhaul. Very excited!

4. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Another one signing into the School of What-Have-I-Done-It's-Too-Late-Now-But-I-Can't-Wait!
    Finished my job on Friday and start in school on Thursday. Eek!

5. Hope you are all having as good a time as possible so far. Would you believe I still have another three weeks until my course starts so the nerves are going to have to stretch that little bit further....

6. And here we go...

7. It's all good folks, as my course started much earlier than most (it seems) I can give you a day by day run-down!
    Day One in school - information overload, notes galore, a billion names to be learnt, head feels likely to explode! Asleep by 7pm.
    Day Two in school - more information than you can shake a stick at, used 1/2 an A4 pukka pad already, getting a quarter of a billion names wrong still, head beyond point of explosion, we're going for implosion instead! Asleep by 6.30pm.
    Day Three in school - feel comfortable enough to use any old mug in the staff room (well, after asking everyone if it matters which mug you use for your cup-a-soup), it's only those 2 children with very similar hair you get wrong now, migraine pills kept on hand at all times! Asleep by 6.00pm.
    Nah, only joking, that's all very tongue in cheek!
    Having a great time, and it's all worth it when on playground duty one of the kids grabs your hand and says "I love you Miss!" Awwww......so cute!
    I hope you all enjoy it as much as I am. GOOD LUCK!!

8. WOOHOO!

9. Well, it's official, got a student card and membership of four different teaching unions! Exciting day. So far so good.

10. End of the first week!
    This has been a great week.I agree with you on the information overload. I'm in a large secondary school where everyone has their own specialty and they all want to share info and tips!
    I'm excited about starting to actually teach as so far I've only been observing. How has everyone else enjoyed the first week? How are you feeling now?