1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wouldn't it be nice to not have a seperate application for for each job/LA?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by goodform, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Well we're trying to make it so there is just ONE...
    We've taken all the elements required in application forms and put them in one clear form. It's only in its infancy so far but feedback would be appreciated, its located in resources here. As mentioned this is currently in word so far (for generic feedback on layout/fields etc) but will be later created as a pdf which will make it easier to fill in whilst keeping the formatting etc.
    It might not be able to answer your application prayers just yet but we're hoping it will get there, maybe in time for your next post?!
    We're not a company (and certainly not for profit, unfortunately for us!) we're just a fellow jobseeker looking to make improvements so filling an application in doesn't have to be an all day event.
    Please take the time to have a look and comment and for those of you looking for your NQT post or next move, good luck! x

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

I appreciate your intention but it would require everyone to sign up to the idea and scrap their current forms- printing costs! Additionally most forms are now either online or WORD based so a simple cut and paste exercise greatly assists the process of completing separate forms. In addition the declarations and checks are used post appointment and most LA' would want to use their own formats and systems for this.

3. Hi welsh wizard.
    The form is designed to be used online so there should be no printing costs. The reason I've put it together was due to the huge variations in layout between local LA's form and some are very badly formatted. One form put each number of the date on a new line! It was a complete nightmare to work with and they're not very cut and paste friendly IMO.
    Sorry can you clarify what you mean by the post appointment declarations and checks? Is this anything I can fix/include?
    I'm really grateful you've taken the time to reply. If it doesn't work then I can live with that but it helps my sanity (if only a little!) by giving it a go [​IMG]

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

7 years ago the (then) TTA and 2 years ago the DfE tried a similar exercise. It was unsuccessful.It was impossible to get everyone ( primary,Secondary,special-Voluntary Aided)to agree to the same information and the form became a huge monster. There is variation in the use of the form post appointment as HR/Pensions then use the data for contract admin etc. In many places the form is already integrated into payroll and HR software systems.
    These days there is an increasing variety of schools some run by charities and other organisations who already have their own form/systems.
    The reason why there is variety is that people use the forms in differing ways and it is part of the corporate approach of an LA or school.In addition you will always have to provide a paper copy of forms for teachers who need to fill it in by hand for various personal and religious reasons.