1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would your school like to become a Roland Champion School?

Discussion in 'Music' started by jonsavage, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I'm very excited to let you know about the recently announced Roland
    Champion Schools scheme. This scheme is looking for schools who will
    become champions for the use of music technology in education over the
    next year or so.

You can find out more at my blog here
    (http://jsavage.org.uk/?p=1483). Basically, you will need to fill in a
    short application form and survey and send it to Roland by the 15th
    April. Both forms are available, along with further information, from my blog. You don't have to be a school with significant
    expertise in this area. Rather, you just have to be willing to develop
    your work with support from other partners (including UCan.tv, Notion
    Music and Roland). You get a great opportunity to purchase products on a
    preferential rate and free software too.

I hope this interests you. Do email me with any further questions. My email address is jonathan[remove_this_including_the_brackets]@ucan.tv.

2. Hi,

Why not send me an email with some further details and I will take it up with Roland for you? I can't see any reason why we would want to preclude you.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

3. Dear Jon,
    I realise I am reviving an old thread here, but I am in the fortunate position of bringing Music Technology into my current school; across all of the years. Is this scheme still running? If so, I would be very interested in finding out more.
    Kind regards,
    Firende

4. Hello,
    I am the HoD in a secondary school in Gloucestershire and would be very interested in our school becoming a Champion Roland school. What is the process? Is there an email contact? I was in a school in Swindon for a Musical Futures course and this was mentioned so it renewed my interest and would like to find out more about it. Thank you very much.