1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

would you take children out of the classroom in an interview lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by irasor, May 13, 2011.

1. Personally, I would never if I hadn't taught in the school before, however, if it was a school I already worked in then I probably would, depending of course on what I was planning on teaching and if this could best be done outside the classroom!
    It could make your lesson really stand out from all the other candidates, and also show an innovative/creative side to your practice! All the best of luck x

2. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

I would def need to b outside classroom for my lesson. Hope it shows creative side, using first hand experience etc. Ideally it will b in hall, if not on playground but I plan to b very clear about expectations for behaviour etc. Thanks for ur advice

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I did once. The DH and governors who watched the lesson loved it. It was a mixed year 3-6 class and was fab. We were outside for about 10 mins of the 30 I taught them.

I knew there were no behaviour issues in the class as had checked before. So it was fine.