1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would you sponser me?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, May 1, 2011.

1. I have got it into my head to do a 10k run.
    I am not very fit, i used to be.
    If I ran a 10k, would you sponser me?
    I would like to divide it between guide dogs for the blind and alzheimers.
    So, are you with me?
    Is anyone up for a 10k run?

2. SponsOr.
    That is English, innit?

3. I did wonder, CQ!!!
    I would happily give you a ha'penny a kilometer!!! Let us know how you will be collecting!
    Good luck with the training [​IMG]

4. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Would be happy to, CQ.

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

How do we get the money to you CQ?

7. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

We can be online training buddies! My OH runs marathons and I stupidly mentioned in passing last year that the Great British 10k run looked quite good (follows part of the london marathon route) and would be something I would like to do at some point and was quite realistic.....
    Next thing I know I am booked on it - it is in July and I am starting training this week - I am VERY unfit in terms of running haha! I know I could briskly walk it no problem but I am sure I am not designed for running - arrrgh!! I hadn't thought about doing it for charity but either way we can spur each other on! When is yours?

8. I'd love to sponsor you. Excellent idea!
    I've been thinking about going out running again, the Miss J's can come out with me on their bikes....well that's the theory anyway!

9. ah, you are all lovely!
    My knees are the bits I am worried about, I used to run a lot and stopped because of my knees, but my doc has now said I should run again to stop my knees freezing up forever (well, he means jog - not pelt at it like I used to do!). He reckons if I keep at the pilates ( wicked man, bet he has never done pilates) my joints should still cope if I keep at a slowish pace.
    I am going to start with a couple of 5k fun runs (and my kids want to do them with me, so that will be fun).
    I don't know how the sponsorship thing could work, lapin - I was thinking about one of those websites that others have used where the payments can be made online, but I honestly haven't looked into it that far yet.
    Anyway, thank you all. I shall get back to you when I eventually sign up for something! (that is the daunting bit).