1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would you mover from ups2 to m2?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by smartchick, Oct 18, 2019.

1. smartchick

smartchick New commenter

I left a job last year - primary- where I had a middle leadership role, worked part time and was on ups2. I left due to poor management/bullying etc.
    Since then I have been doing supply. I am now looking for another part time post, but it appears I am too expensive. I applied for a post that didn’t say the pay scale but on my invite for interview it says the job will be m2. Now I feel quite sad at the idea of moving down, but am wondering if this is the only way to secure another part time teaching post? Should I do it or would this mean that I would now only be worth m2 if I applied elsewhere after this post?
    Confused!! Help appreciated xx

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

3. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Nope. No way. When I moved schools I went with my UP3 because I told them I would not consider anything less and didn't want to waste their time. If they want experience they will pay. If they don't they won't. It's up to you of course but knowledge and experience should command a premium.