1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would you marry a man who...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by yapyap, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Exactly. Elsewhere yapyap mentioned that her sister had been going on about her dream ring to the oh - don't you think that is a bit premature in a new relationship. Perhaps the 'fiance' has just bought her a cheapie to shut her up. He may, in fact, have no intention of marrying her at all.

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Not quite - yapyap said her sister had been going on generally about her dream ring - not to her fiance

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I've never had a dream ring. Just as well as I've "only" got a cheap one too.

4. I had a lovely engagement ring. Unfortunately, the man who gave it me was not lovely. Eventually I realised this, and divorced him. My current partner and I did not want an engagement ring (we feel we're a bit old for that, and bought a bed instead).

I guess what I'm saying is that you shouldn't judge somebody else's relationship, and never judge by material things.

5. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum New commenter

There are two beautiful rings in the jewellers down town that I stand and gaze at wistfully every time I'm there! Just need to find Mr Right! Or even Mr Right Now would do!! LOL xxx