1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would you have any ideas of creative project(s) I could propose for a NHS mental health group?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by smbx1, Sep 10, 2015.

1. smbx1

smbx1 New commenter

I volunteer in a NHS mental health unit and was given carte blanche for creative activities. I have only been doing this for 6 weeks and so far I have offered them to complete their own abstract Mondrian grids with their choice of a range of colours or build their own classical landscapes inspired by well known pics by Turner/Lorrain and after giving them a brief on how to construct the various grounds...but now that I am given more freedom, I am scratching my head for something a bit bolder and bigger but without being too prescriptive - after all people's involvement fluctuates a lot and they might or might want to take part on a regular basis... Would you have any ideas of project(s) I could propose? any advice, links, suggestions welcome. thanks

2. circuskevin

circuskevin Established commenter

Balloon modelling is a nice 'arty' activity to teach all sorts of people.

Kevin