1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would you get your haircut this way?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Dec 7, 2015.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

2. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

No way! Don't think my nerves could take it :eek:

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

The smell of burning hair alone would put me off.

aspensquiver_2 and Dragonlady30 like this.
  4. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Certainly not. Would you? I have mine cut by a retired Italian haircutter in his kitchen for £10 a go and his wife Beryl sweeps up the hair at the end to stuff cushions with. No swords and no fire. I went last week and he showed me his Christmas tableau in the sitting room. So lovely!

grumpydogwoman and RedQuilt like this.
  5. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

My grandad was a hairdresser, trained by Vidal Sassoon, and he'd have a lot to say about that man and his techniques.

It looks pretty dangerous to me.

6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

On a trip to Paris a few years ago with three friends, we were dining in a bistro when a candle on the table set fire to one of the group's hair. She went on quaffing her vin rouge, unaware of the conflagration until I had the presence of mind to wrap her head in a table napkin. The burning hair smelt horrible. She was fine though and totally unperturbed.

7. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

If I want my hair cut, I go to my salon of choice. If I want to see a cabaret act, I'll go to a nightclub or such like. There are some things which should not be mixed up and I think the video clip proves the point.

As a child I had my hair cut by a French hair dresser using a cut throat razor. It was most uncomfortable as he had to pull the hair so hard before he cut. Although over 50 years ago, that was quite enough play-acting for me at a hairdressers. :confused:

Motherofchikkins likes this.
  8. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I don't have sufficient hair to make the technique viable or safe

9. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Snore. Some people would do anything to be different. Vaguely pathetic.

10. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

No doubt the universe will punish me for my mean reaction by making my daughter decide to pierce herself stupid when she's old enough. So it goes.

11. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

What a bloody (!) mess.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  12. ashleysummer

ashleysummer New commenter

Certainly not!
    Must smell nice in there.
    I`ve recently got a haircut like this
    [​IMG]
    therighthairstyles.com
    The hairdresser that gave me a haicut was also as a strange guy, but not nearly as bad as this one.

13. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Did the haircutter not notice he'd missed some straggling wisps at the side?

14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Singeing used to be an option in barbers.

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I'm not sure the comedy plastic nose and glasses go well with it - presumably there's not a moustache involved? If the model turns 90 degrees will we be looking at a bobbed Groucho Marx?

16. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I wondered about those too.