1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would you employ me....

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by allieb21, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hi all!

I have a religious education degree, my second subject is History and for 4 and half years I have mainly taught History with exception of last 2 years where I have had 2 RE option classes.
    I trained in a RE based college and RE is my first subject.

Looking at a RE job it says ks3 RE experience is essential. I'm pretty certain I will apply anyway with a nice description that I taught younger RE during teaching practice, lots of it! And that I look after my 2 classes my self.
    Do you think that would be ok?

2. Hi all!

I have a religious education degree, my second subject is History and for 4 and half years I have mainly taught History with exception of last 2 years where I have had 2 RE option classes.
    I trained in a RE based college and RE is my first subject.

Looking at a RE job it says ks3 RE experience is essential. I'm pretty certain I will apply anyway with a nice description that I taught younger RE during teaching practice, lots of it! And that I look after my 2 classes my self.
    Do you think that would be ok?

3. I would certainly have a look at you :)
    And in my school being able to do History too would be a positive advantge.
    Good Luck!

4. Me too! Though it would be worth revising the KS3 curriculum to show your willingness to refresh and your enthusiasm for teaching it.

5. Hi guys thanks for that!

Yes i definitely want to apply hope they look past that to my whole package!
    Can i ask where best to see the KS3 curriculum as because i havent taught Ks3 i don't have access to anything?

Thanks [​IMG]

6. Technically there is no KS3 curriculum as each area does what it wants via Locally Agreed Syllabus/Diocesan Syllabus. I would just make sure you know about PELTS and differnet teaching activities you would use but I am sure you aware of all that via History anyway.