1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would you do it?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jesmond12, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

2. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

His photos are fun. Good luck to all those who take part.

kibosh likes this.
  3. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Hmm
    Whilst I would have no problems with being naked I'm pretty convinced that others would

Jesmond12 and kibosh like this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ah good another reason to avoid Hull.

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  5. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Bare bums are ok in the right setting. Nudes in art also in the right setting. Bunch of egotists getting their kit off for a nutter in the sake of "art"? Don't think so. And Hull? Hasn't coastal erosion got rid of it yet?

Dragonlady30 and kibosh like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

One positive to climate change!

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Many people will no doubt love this opportunity for a bit of exhibitionism and the opportunity to join him in making the political/social statement. Not for me though.
    Felt that this was a wasted opportunity - "His new body of work will form part of an exhibition in 2017 and will also be purchased for the permanent collection.”

The potential word play wasn't picked up on. Dullard of a reporter.

8. cuteinpuce

Didn't even mention any prominent aspects of the proposed photo. What a klutz.

kibosh likes this.
  9. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I'd do it.
    Not because I'm an exhibitionist or for any other reason other than being in a bit of art.

The cold weather would be my sole concern really.

kibosh and cuteinpuce like this.
  10. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

12. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

In Hull? I think not.

Biarritz or Cannes might be more visually rewarding for those who appreciate the artistic beauty of the naked human form.

Not that most of the participants will be local anyway - my guess is they'll be bussed in from elsewhere.

13. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Nah.

I'm not sure about photography as an art-form anyway. Nor have I plans to travel to Hull. So it seems pretty unlikely you'll see my fine form in the picture. o_O

14. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Heretic!

15. cuteinpuce

One thing that's interesting about Tunick's photos is that the beauty or otherwise of the participants is almost irrelevant. Individuals seem to congregate into a much more interesting wholeness. It's not what you'd expect from public nudity (something which in general is strangely unerotic.)

16. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

@kibosh It has to be warm and sunny before I get me kit off. Preferably on a near deserted beach.