1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

would you buy a kenwood chef?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by fulloffun, Aug 5, 2011.

1. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

My hand mixer has died and I wondered if I should invest in a Kenwood chef.Are they worth the money?

2. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

My hand mixer has died and I wondered if I should invest in a Kenwood chef.Are they worth the money?

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I'm on my second one, brilliant!!

5. ljr

ljr New commenter

Same here - and I've just bought a new Magimix, but you can't beat the Kenwood for cake making.

6. Mine is 59 years old and still going strong. What's more if anything does break you can get all the parts for it and fix it - it's brilliant - I couldn't be without it - it really is the best!
    My mum taught me to cook with it and I taught my kids to use it. My 12 year old son makes a great chocolate cake with it. To me it is more a way of life than a kitchen appliance.

7. I've just bought one and it has absolutely changed my cooking life.
    I had had to stop making bread and other things as my hands just can't knead - I can barely rub in either!
    Since we bought it (Amazon special offer £330 http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000UE8UMG/?tag=foodprocessor-price-21) we have both used it almost daily.
    It is a relief to get my cooking mojo back again! It even makes pastry a doddle - my hands have always been too hot!
    We have sacrificed an entire work surface in a teent tiny kicthen for it and don't regret it!
    I have kept my electric whisk, stick blender and mini chopper though. The Chef doesn't do very small quantitiies very well.

8. True, but with my family 'small' is not an option!

9. Does anyone have the grinder attachment? And do you use it much?
    Thinking of getting one to make sausages

10. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

My mum's (1970s) Kenwood Chef has a grinder. She uses it for mince, kebabs, burgers, sausages, stuffing. Not sure I'd buy one, personally, as my butchre is very amenable.

11. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

thanks for the responses.I'm still considering what to do!

12. I added the grinder to our order.
    I'm planning on that being more of a winter chore so I can't answer you for about 4 months, scottjw.
    But you can believe you will read about it [​IMG]