1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would you be happy delivering Fire Safety as part of the school PSHE programme?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by salsera, Jul 17, 2019.

1. salsera

salsera New commenter

I used to be a teacher (25 years at the chalkface) and then I made a leap of faith and left, joining the Fire Service!
    Part of my responsibility is to go into schools and deliver the Service Fire Safety & Prevention programme - I'm doing a bit of research about Fire Service education provision across the country and wondered if you would be able to answer a few questions for me. I'm hoping this forum is the correct conduit and apologies if not - many thanks for your help:

Have you had a school visit from your local Fire Service?

Was this Fire Safety/Prevention talk?

What was the subject area covered?

Is this a regular feature of the school's PSHE Curriculum?

Do you consider Fire Safety/Prevention an important topic to cover?

Would you be happy to deliver a Fire Safety/Prevention "lesson" if you had access to the right resources?

Do you think Fire Safety/Prevention is a topic that should be delivered by people who have an education background or by Fire Service Personnel?

Any other comments:

Thank you for your time

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Fire personnel should deal with this, they are the experts and can answer questions confidently it's a no brainer.

FrankWolley likes this.
  3. salsera

salsera New commenter

Thank you ! I agree fully btw!

needabreak likes this.
  4. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

You're welcome.