1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

would you accept a job if

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by grantgust, Jul 11, 2016.

1. grantgust

grantgust New commenter

Are you implying that, had I taken that job, I wouldn’t have had a horrible time at some point last year? As long as going through my previous posts could give you an insight on what my life looks like, it can’t really give you the whole picture. At some point last year I accepted a fixed term supply. I had mixed feeling about it and they were confirmed. I had a wonderful time with my colleagues and most of my KS3 classes. However that was ultimately a bad experience for me because of one KS4 class where pupils bullied me and I asked for advice - thanks for the reminder. This doesn’t mean that particular experience defined the rest of my year and that I shouldn’t be grateful that I did not accept the offer mentioned in this post for several reasons. Trusting my guts in that case was the best decision for me, there and then. I have since then moved on and I am now in a much happier environment and things turned around for the best. The point of my post was and still is: thanks everyone for the kind advice, and to anyone in the same situation I was, do remember to trust your guts, you know you.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018