1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would this happen in your school??

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by anon3946, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Not from my laptop! It amuses my father (staying with him for a few weeks) that I instinctively lock my laptop if I even cross the room.

2. casper

casper New commenter

My thoughts entirely.

3. casper

casper New commenter

Goodness knows how many confidential e mails they could have got hold of at the same time!!

4. seza-lou

seza-lou New commenter

At my last school a teacher left a computer logged in with their email open. A child then happened to get on the same computer and send out abusive emails to some teachers. They never did catch who it was as the whole year 5/6 children had access to the area

5. seza-lou

seza-lou New commenter

At my last school a teacher left a computer logged in with their email open. A child then happened to get on the same computer and send out abusive emails to some teachers. They never did catch who it was as the whole year 5/6 children had access to the area

6. roverlei

roverlei New commenter

It astounds me that some colleagues read their email whilst simultaneously projecting it on to the big screen for all students to see. I've had (older) students come up to me and say 'I heard the Head thinks XYZ', and tell me they've read it all while they checked their email in front of the class! People, you only have to press that 'freeze' button on the remote to stop this happening!!

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

How do teachers get a chance to read emails while at work? Let alone think they have enough time to get back to it later and so leave email accounts open? Let alone be stupid enough to think this was a good idea?!

I get it that SLT and others with offices might leave their computer logged in to email, but anyone who does so in a classroom or public place is just plain stupid imo.

The member of staff should be in trouble rather more than the child. Children now have your email address due to a colleague's carelessness. I'd be fuming.

8. casper

casper New commenter

Oh believe me I am. Especially as when this was sent I was off sick!!

9. casper

casper New commenter

Yep, they time out in ours as well, unless staff change the settings!!