1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would they match my pay? Assistant to Deputy Hess...

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by LAH111, Jan 31, 2019.

1. LAH111

LAH111 New commenter

Hi I’m about to go for a promotion from Assistant to Deputy head. Given then difference as I’m currently ‘inner london’ wages and jobs up are ‘outer london’. Would a school potentially match my pay? Also if it wanted me and matched my pay I’d be top end of the tier they advertised- would that mean my pay wouldn’t go up ever? Any info appreciated

2. J.M.Powell

J.M.Powell New commenter

Another school is under no obligation to match your current pay, but I can understand why you don’t want to take less. It will be up to you to raise this at interview, so that they can consider if they are willing to pay you a higher rate.

3. LAH111

LAH111 New commenter

Thanks very much it’s not me being greedy I just want to work out how my salary could go so that if successful I don’t mess them around as in the long term I may not be able to afford such a cut in wages!

4. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Established commenter

If you're at the top of the scale there will never be opportunity to move up in this role.

5. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

DH in a smaller school will attract less pay.
    It's unlikely they will want to pay top of the scale for someone moving from AH to DH. If you were a very experienced DH, they might appoint on that amount, but you aren't.
    Depends how much they want you probably.

Maybe go and visit the school and ask.