1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would the school have to buy me out?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by starsunshine10, Apr 23, 2012.

1. starsunshine10

starsunshine10 New commenter

Thankyou for the reply, I am wondering if the head is even aware of this due to the fact she hasn't mentioned anything. It might put her off employing me if the school has to pay a hefty sum, especially as there are so many unemployed teachers out there who would be a lot cheaper than me! :( xx

2. phatsals

phatsals Senior commenter

Most likely the Head does know, finders fees have been around for many years and it goes with the territory with agencies.
    If the fee is too high it may put them off, but that is for the school to work out.

3. I can't see that, if the job is advertised externally and you decide to apply, that the agency can charge this finders fee. After all you have applied for a job that is open to any teacher who is qualified to apply.
    If I was the head and the agency tried that one on I would saay something along the lines of "Oh go away" (insert correct phrase here).