1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would love some advice...

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by gleek, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Ha Ha, I love the idea of spotting her down the corridor and running to the toilets to get my leggings on!!
    Thankyou all for your advice, Spool-I think I will be investing in some of those pants from Next anyway, I've seen them and they look really comfy. Today I was working next to my union rep and we were chatting away so I asked him to see what he thought and he thought it was ridiculous and would ask SLT what the justification was, so we'll see, I think it will probably be that they think they too look casual. oh- Lesleydramaqueen, someone else complained about the workmen so that saved me a job!!
    Thanks again x

2. Why not just ask if the dress code has changed and leggins are now allowed?

3. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Gleek- the next time you spot her wearing leggings, rush up, admire the fit/colour etc, and ask where she bought them.

4. Vampyria

Vampyria New commenter

and add 'Oh, are we allowed to wear them now? I thought............! (Looking appropriately *confused* ) [​IMG]

5. Guys, you are all very brave when it's not your hide on the market - but how many of you would actually do with with your own HoD, SLT or HT?
    Gleek, I hope you got some of those pants by now from Next and you find them comfy - just wear them and forget about the whole thing. After all it's only at about 12 or 13 when wearing or not wearing something is a matter of life or death [​IMG]

6. Vampyria

Vampyria New commenter

Spool, I think at this stage we're joking and seeing the funny side of things! [​IMG] But since you ask, I know I certainly would and I wouldn't necessarily see it as being overly brave! Of course it depends on how you say it but in my experience people do back down!! I had one HOD who used to blush at meetings when challenged by us over her similar double standards!