1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would it have been the drink, do you think?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by gorgybaby, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I very rarely drink at all in term time. Half term has hit, so I had a glass of fizz on Friday night. Last night, I had two or three small glasses - there is still about 1 1/2 inches in the bottom of the bottle. I awoke in the night and not to put too fine a point on it, was heartily sick, with the usual accompaniment. I stopped drinking because it stops me sleeping - invariably after a couple of drinks I wake in the night as as I am a raging insomniac anyway I just can't afford to lose the sleep. I do enjoy having a drink with friends, though, or a couple of glasses now and again in the holidays. So - what do you think? Would that have been enough to upset me so very much, do you think? Or was it coincidence?

2. I very rarely drink at all in term time. Half term has hit, so I had a glass of fizz on Friday night. Last night, I had two or three small glasses - there is still about 1 1/2 inches in the bottom of the bottle. I awoke in the night and not to put too fine a point on it, was heartily sick, with the usual accompaniment. I stopped drinking because it stops me sleeping - invariably after a couple of drinks I wake in the night as as I am a raging insomniac anyway I just can't afford to lose the sleep. I do enjoy having a drink with friends, though, or a couple of glasses now and again in the holidays. So - what do you think? Would that have been enough to upset me so very much, do you think? Or was it coincidence?

3. I reckon it was probably coincidence. You could always drink the other half to be certain but can understand that probably doesnt appeal.

4. No you are right, Brettgirl, but I am going out on Fri so may chance a glass then. Bit of a tragedy if I have to give up drinking altogether! I really enjoy a drink now and again, and somehow a glass of orange doesn;t do it for me. Thank you for your response to what I realise was a pretty boring post!