1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would it be totally stupid...

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by anteater, Apr 28, 2012.

1. anteater

anteater New commenter

I have never heard of the diet, but in my opinion, the words "maple syrup" and "diet" do not belong together.
    A diet that involves any quantities of tooth-rotting liquid sugar sounds like a blatant contradiction in terms.
    How about a rigid plan that involves eating fish, chicken, salad and vegetables? At least your teeth will survive, even if you don't lose any weight...

2. You're right, healthy eating is needed. I've realised that I couldn't do it, I love food too much! Ive taken up zumba from yesterday, signed up for twice a week with a friend. Starting slimfast today as the kickstart I need, at least I still get one meal then and the daytime bit is comtrolled. If I'm being 'good' all day I'm less likely to spoil it at night. 10'3 today, target 9. Bring it on!

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Maple syrup diet belongs with other faddy diets (cabbage soup, grapefruit, Atkins etc) and needs dumping in the bin!

4. I like the sound of this diet. But only with pancakes. And waffles. And perhaps drizzled over some cake or ice cream? ;)

5. misseviltoyou

misseviltoyou New commenter

The only problem with Zumba is it's dangerously addictive [​IMG]
    I bought the DVD pack with the toning sticks, and that comes with a pretty good diet suggestion in it - it's surprisingly heavy on the bacon, turkey and stirfries, which is just fine by me!
    Avoid crash or fad dieting like the plague it is, just restructure your eating - if you halve your portion sizes but eat twice as many meals, you'll find yourself feeling fuller and more energised throughout the day, rather than having a blood sugar "boom and bust" cycle which will leave you feeling as knackered as the current world economy.