1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would I be wasting my GP's time ...

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by bacardibreezer, Oct 21, 2012.

1. That made me smile
    I think I might need some Zopiclone - that worked for me - knocked me out sufficient so that I could rest

2. bacardibreezer

bacardibreezer New commenter

It knocked me out initially - in fact I felt pleasantly drunk!
    But I could have done with much, much longer.
    Also, I don't remember anything that happened from a few minutes after taking it to eventually crashing out, but according to my husband there was an hour and a half of total nonsense. (I'm surprised he noticed the difference!) The period of oblivion was good and I look forward to a repeat of it tonight :)

3. cate50

cate50 New commenter

DID YOU GO????????? I hope so. I made an emergency appointment with my doctor for the same reasons earlier this year. It has made a world of difference. you should never face these things alone. I hope that you are managing to get help in fighting the beast. You are definately NOT alone or weird or a pain or neurotic. You are pretty much the norm actually. The ones we all have to worry about are the ones who don't admit when its all getting too much - they are the ones likely to flip at any moment. The rest of us are just nicely, reliably irrational!

Good luck and you know where I am if you need to vent! PM me!

4. bacardibreezer

Thank you sarahjane - I hope that you too will feel better soon xxx

5. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

You don't need to answer and sorry if I've missed it, but what is it that you are seeking oblivion from?

6. Im getting worse - the anxiety is like a weight pressing down on my chest all the time - Im getting more and more nervous about leaving the house - feel almost sick with worry - about slipping back down as far as I went before - it took an awful long time for me to recover from my last lengthy bout of mentla health tumble - feel as though there can't be a release from this hell - feel utterly wretched

7. So sorry to hear you are feeling unwell Badteacher. Please remember you will get better, it's just a question of finding the right medication. Please be kind to yourself. Do you have friends and family who help you? xx

8. bacardibreezer

That question has really made me think . Life, I suppose - stuff that everyone else copes with and which I can't seem to right now.

Away in Cornwall with husband at the moment and feeling quite a bit better being away from reality. Have been almost completely honest with him about how I'm feeling but also keen that this time together should be good for him as he had put up with so much. We're going to Gp together on Friday. Not sure it will do any good ...

Hope others are feeling better today - especially bad teacher xxx

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

That does sound more positive, BB. Onwards and upwards. Thinking about you. xx

10. LOL! Probably! :) Glad you like the look of it. If you get your GP to set you up with an account, it's free because the NHs will be paying for it. Another thing you could do if you haven't already is to ask your GP to refer you for counselling via your local mental health service provider on the NHS. These counsellors are often psychiatric nurses or other mental health professionals, so would be more likely to choose the approach that is medically best suited for you and you get up to 4 sessions for free. In my case, these sessions combined with the medication I was on, the CCBT and things that I did myself (walking when 'ill', practising yoga every night, being signed off, completing work in baby steps when I returned) was enough to get me back to work, cope with being back at work and do what I had to do to remove the stressful triggers of my illness (leave the job). Time did the rest. That said, I wish to add the disclaimer that we're different people and that there is a difference between what I had and what you're experiencing. If you've been diagnosed with a specific disorder rather than a stress related illness as I was, then of course, what I'm suggesting may not be relevant to you. I hope that you find my posts reassuring, if not helpful, anyway.

11. bacardibreezer

Thank you queenjane,
    Reassuring and helpful :)

12. I'm pleased to 'hear' (read) that! :)
    I hope that things improve for you soon!