1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Would a whole bottle of Baileys ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Arched Eyebrow, Dec 21, 2010.

1. It contains cream too, but that's a good enough answer for me airy ! [​IMG]
    Ill-health? If you dilute it with lots of ice it doesn't stick to the arteries....it goes straight through the system.
    It does. Honestly. [​IMG]
    Drink up.

2. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

And have you tried the coffee Baileys? YUMMMMMMMMM
    Just like drinking the melted middle of a coffee Quality Street!

3. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

I genuinely admire anyone who has such a cupboard...
    My booze has a lifespan in my house of about 4 hours, max... [​IMG]

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Same thing happens when you drink it in the dark or if no-one sees you or if you're finishing a glass left by another person.

5. I WAS THINKING ... IF I GET TOOOOO P!SSED (oops) I could have a coffee ... I know Baileys is a teewny bit expensive to use in Irish coffee but what the heck

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I've got some coffee Baileys, will that sober me up?

7. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

What a coincidence! I've just consumed half a pint whilst defrosting the freezer with the hairdryer. Bailey's makes an odious task so much better, doncha think?

8. Oooer, I saw the word "Baileys" and automatically clicked - I haven't even read the question but the answer is yes please.

9. I have no Baileys in the house but I do have Baileys truffles - well actually I have half a pack left now to be honest!

10. I still have some ... come round

11. On my way... will try not to slip on the snow.

12. Has anyone tried the hazelnut Baileys? How does it compare to the original?

13. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Bailey's is the vomit of the devil.

14. WOW

15. ian60

ian60 New commenter

I had a Canadian drinking buddy 20 years ago who would drink a pint of Baileys before a big 'session' as he felt it was a good lining for the stomach.
    It has to be said, he would inevitably (sp?) have to "show me the way to go home" whenever such sessions arose.

16. I have no problem..........with drinking it all...go for it..hic!
    (how DO you get rid of that furry tongue the next morning?? )

17. I don't drink much at home. In my affluent days I used to stock up on spirits at Christmas time..because well, there is always someone who wants a Malibu, isn't there? [​IMG]
    Thing is, it stayed in the cupboard. People who came round tended to drink beer and wine and I found myself FORCING them to have a night-cap of something stronger before they went home. Most must have thought I was some sort of lush, pressing spirits on to them as they tried to resist...[​IMG]
    The kids tend not to drink at home...I always go for wine...so I have a cupboard full of gin, whisky, port, sherry, vodka, white rum, navy rum, champagne, advocaat (that MUST have gone off?) vermouth, mint Baileys, Pimms and several full bottles of ghastly liqueurs that we brought back from holidays. I have a massive bottle of banana stuff which seemed like a nice drink when we were in the Canary Isles...
    Why am I sitting here as sober as a judge so near to Christmas I ask myself???? (I prefer tea these days, that's why... [​IMG])

This isn't getting the pressies wrapped. Damn you TES.

18. anon468

anon468 New commenter

My mum and dad had a whole cupboard full of spirit-based oddities when I was a kid.
    Benedictine (what the chuff IS that?), Pernod, Drambuie, the ubiquitous Advocaat (cos everybody likes a snowball) and an assortment of other gubbins.
    One evening when I was about 13/14, they left me home alone whilst they walked the couple of hundred yards down the road to the village hall for some community shindig.
    I perused every single bottle in that cabinet, taking a swig from each one to see which I liked best. Not the smartest thing I've ever done!
    By all accounts I should be a teetotaller now...

19. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

Oh my good god. Please invite me to take it all off your hands!!! I am thinking of your liver, you know....

20. [​IMG] Now what sort of friend would I be if I allowed you to do that PD? Hmmmm?
    You have a liver too you know........You'll thank me tomorrow....

*knowing she cannot replace her stash, skint AE decides she may need a padlock for the booze cupboard tonight*