1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worth getting a 3G Kindle or not?

Discussion in 'Book club' started by TheoGriff, Jun 26, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Which Kindle?
    I have, er, more than one Kindle.
    I am always peeved when I discover that the one I have in my briefcase is not 3G because at that point I always want to do something that I can't.
    Yes you can go online for free abroad but it is painfully slow.
    Best wishes

2. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I have got a non 3g (had it 18 months) and never needed 3g. Just download books when I am home. The only time i can see me needing 3g is if travelling for more than month or two as I have so many books on there already.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If you are a public-transport commuter, it's good to be able to download your daily newspaper on the bus/train if you don't have time/don't remember before leaving home.
    Best wishes

4. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

I got a non 3G one and am very glad I did, because I can tell my phone to act as a wireless hub and then my Kindle connects via that, so I wouldn't need 3G unless I didn't have my phone with me for some reason. Win!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh excellent!
    What sort of phone is it, Rosa?
    Best wishes