1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

worth applying for?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ceribannister, Nov 2, 2011.

1. I would say go for it too - you have nothing to lose. And 2010 sounds relatively recent to me anyway [​IMG]

I recently applied for a Y1 job with a spec that said 'a proven track record of teaching and learning at KS1/2'. I only have 6 months experience teaching Y5 on maternity cover but have been invited to interview! So it's always worth putting in an application, especially if you think you'd love the job.

Good luck!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, you have experience in this.
    I believe that they are saying "We would rather not have a NQT".
    So go and open the shortlisting clickables in the Welcome thread to learn all that you need to do to write an application that really showcases your skills.
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. thanks for the advice/encouragement, am starting to write my letter now..... you never know!