1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worst Movie you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Reecedouglas1, Apr 25, 2019.

1. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

She sounds like a typically grumpy wife.

2. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

No. Inception, Saw it on the last day of the summer holidays and have always resented losing that time.

I loved the idea of it, dreams within dreams etc, but then the idea seemed be used purely to create two stupid action films, one in the snow and one with that zero gravity stuff going on. I'm not a fan of action films and felt cheated.

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  3. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Mike Leigh's 'Naked'. Nearly walked out.
    Loved Inception.

4. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Quite possibly the biggest anti-climax of all the films I've watched. I'd waited a long time before watching this, and was looking forward to it immensely. I'd managed to avoid any hints of what the plot was about.

By crikey was I disappointed. I kept thinking "so they're basically still on the plane" throughout. The stuff in the hotel was bad enough. By the time of the snow scene, the film had lost all credibility for me. "Oh so now there's some snow fight or something. Yeah, whatever...".

sparkleghirl likes this.
  5. Mermaid7

Mermaid7 Occasional commenter

Breaking the Waves - misogynistic drivel, violent and disturbing.

nomad likes this.
  6. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Bridget Jones.

I went to try and prove to a new date I was all modern and trendy ......I left the cinema and her after 30 odd minutes.

7. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Yeah but Tom Hardy's in it. Innit?

8. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Pulp Fiction. What load of tosh!

minnie me and dumpty like this.
  9. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Occasional commenter

Revenge of the Sith … an anagram of the last word provides a perfect description of the film.

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  10. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

The Big Short was a good film with a very relevant message I would make it obligatory watching for every person over 16 in this politically unaware country.

11. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Agree re Birdman and would add Whiplash.
    Remake of Far from the Madding Crowd had the worst cast Sgt Troy imaginable with wrong scenery, unbelievable portrayal of sidesaddle riding but all nearly saved by the very watchable actor playing Gabriel.

Can't stand most musicals - they virtually ended for me with West Side Story. Younger child bought me Mama Mia as an Xmas present dvd - what???

12. EmanuelShadrack

Did you go dressed as your avatar?

dumpty likes this.
  13. EmanuelShadrack

I haven't actually seen it, but I've heard good things about Revenge of the This.

14. theworm123

theworm123 Lead commenter

Best thing they’ve done is take Star Wars away from George Lucas and his overused blue screens.

The actors seem less wooden in the newest trilogy now that he isn’t writing their dialogue anymore.

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I've watched ll three of them... MrsLan loves them...

But they aren't good..

artboyusa and primarycat like this.
  16. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

The Holiday- I would have walked out, only a friend had taken me to see it and I didn’t want to seem rude.
    Left Behind - all those puddles of clothes, and Nicholas Cage. I just don’t understand the appeal of Nicholas Cage.

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

You sat through all three??
    Respect.
    Total.
    Wow.

primarycat and lanokia like this.
  19. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Like Michael Caine , he's willing to appear in anything with no regard to merit.

20. peakster

peakster Star commenter

But Michael Caine can act.

He's done some rubbish - but he's also done some great films.

Everything with Nicholas Cage in is complete sh**e

Ivartheboneless and knitone like this.