1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worst Movie you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Reecedouglas1, Apr 25, 2019.

1. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

The Piano. Gawd. That was dull. @mothorchid

Anything Disney.

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Three Colours Trilogy -genius.

smoothnewt likes this.
  3. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

The problem with our mainstream film releases is that it misses some superb films, and yet there are some "blockbusters" which are dull tedious and chronic, and some that are brilliant. And then there is personal taste, some people might actually like the Chipmunk (heave) movies.

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Heaven's Gate - suddenly - nothing happens for hours, and hours, and hour and hours.....

5. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

Norbert. Some years ago I had to accompany year 7 to see it (it was an end of term "reward" outing). One child had too many sweets and threw up - teachers were fighting to be the one who took them outside. It was homophobic, racist, sexist, ageist, and every other "ist" you can possibly imagine.

theworm123 likes this.
  6. borges33

borges33 New commenter

Freddy Got Fingered.

My brother recommended it.

My brother is an idiot.

lanokia and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  7. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

That's because there wasn't one. Oops - I should have put that in a "Spoiler Alert" - I've summarized the whole 2 hours of the film.

Haneke would be first up against the wall come the revolution.

Funnily enough I was discussing my loathing of this film with a friend, who talked about this ultra-tedious and painful film he'd endured. That film was "Amour", and 'lo and behold it was by the same director.

8. EmanuelShadrack

I watched the first 5 minutes, then decided to fast forward the video. Ordinary fast forward a 5x speed was still too slow, so I ramped it up to 9x speed, and just about managed to get to the end.

I can feel a spoiler alert coming on...

Juliette Binoche looks sad (for 94 minutes).

9. fraisier

fraisier Occasional commenter

I positively hate Moulin Rouge and Groundhog Day.

I didn’t really take to Caché but I wouldn’t say it’s awful, Monsieur Manu Shadrack is clearly talking through his derrière :D, it’s not yuck, just bang average to me. But yeah, there’s Auteuil in it so that’s got to be a redeeming feature (and la Binoche of course!). But hey, les goûts et les couleurs hein… (horses for courses).

Talking of which, I’ve never seen the Trois Couleurs trilogy.

10. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I can't bear films where all the characters are so unpleasant that I end up not caring at all what happens to them. Barfly and Falling Down are two examples.

Mad Max Fury Road - it was fine when he went up the road but then he just turned around and came back. I felt as though I'd watched the same film twice.

Kingdom of Heaven. Orlando Bloom especially plank like. There were some nice carpets in the backgrounds of some scenes that distracted me for a bit though.

11. DramaMedia2019

DramaMedia2019 New commenter

Surely the Pope must Die for myself.

12. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

But just looks so good it's worth watching.

13. fraisier

fraisier Occasional commenter

@minnie me.

If you want to see something recent and good with Daniel Auteuil, I recommend Kalinka (in French & German with English subtitles – 91% 5 star rating on amazon.co.uk), about the dramatic but fascinating Kalinka & André Bamberski-Dieter Krombach case.

[​IMG]

In summary... In 1982, German doctor Dieter Krombach was accused of raping and killing his French stepdaughter in Germany but was repeatedly let off lightly by the German authorities and its justice, possibly because he was a notable, a well-respected public figure in his own town (the German justice decided that the death of the 14-year old had been “accidental” and they dropped the case and refused to extradite Krombach several times).

The French father of the girl, André Bamberski, spent his life pursuing that bastar.d through the courts but got nowhere, the German judiciary protected him, repeatedly refused to extradite him etc.

Eventually, in 2009, aged 71, Bamberski paid a couple of thugs to kidnap Krombach in Germany and take him to France, which they duly did, Bamberski took Krombach directly to a Mulhouse police station (Bamberski would later get a one-year suspended jail sentence from a French court for having order the abduction of Krombach, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27902154).

In 2011, Krombach was sentenced to 15 yrs in prison by a French court (in absentia), the second time it’d happened in fact as he’d been sentenced to the same in 1995 but that was ignored by the German justice who wouldn't extradite him and then, to make matters worse, the sentence was annulled by the European Court of Human Rights in 2001 and Krombach even got financial compensation (Wikipedia: “In 1995, following intense lobbying by Bamberski, Krombach was tried in France in absentia and received a sentence of 15 years in prison for "intentionally afflicting of bodily harm which caused unintentional death". The verdict was annulled in 2001 by the European Court of Human Rights which censured France because Krombach had not been able to defend himself; Krombach received a compensation of 100,000 francs.").

When this story belatedly came to light in Germany and was given due prominence, several German women came forward accusing Krombach of having raped them, after drugging them, when they were teenagers.

The 2006 German TV documentary Kalinkas letzte Reise contains an interview with two teenage sisters who say they were befriended by Krombach, injected with iron cobalt and raped.

Testimony of a German woman came to light, who said she had had an affair with Krombach when she was 16 years old; the doctor would drug his wife during their encounters. Several women testified at trial that Krombach had sexually abused them as teenagers, always using cobalt-iron injections. On 22 October 2011, Krombach was sentenced to 15 years in prison, for causing intentional bodily harm resulting in unintentional death. The prosecutors believed that Krombach had drugged Kalinka in order to rape her. The verdict was confirmed on appeal in December 2012.

LondonCanary likes this.
  14. EmanuelShadrack

You won't be surprised to hear that "Kingdom of Heaven" won that year's Academy Award for Best Carpets.

Previous winners of the award have included "The Shining":

TheShining.jpg

primarycat likes this.
  15. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

16. Robfreeman

Robfreeman Occasional commenter

Kung fury - its so bad its good.

17. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Alone in the Dark
    Any of the Richard Curtis smug-fests
    Mama Mia - ohmygod

18. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

The worse film I ever watched was one that came so highly recommended I actually bough a home cinema system to watch it on. The trouble was, every time it got to the interesting bits, it stopped working. I took the video back to the shop and got my money back, but now I'm wondering whether the home cinema system had a conscientious projector which was really the problem.

19. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Inception

EmanuelShadrack and borges33 like this.
  20. Teslasmate

Teslasmate Occasional commenter

No no no! Inception is a work of cinematic genius! Are you sure you haven't mistaken it for Rugrats or something?

Admin Princess and vannie like this.