1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worst day of supply, is teaching for me?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Rosie2278, May 22, 2019.

1. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

But now they have 'Supply Cover Supervisors', no need for anything apart from a pulse.

2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

If I wanted a shower fitting. I wouldn't call someone who planned to start their plumbing apprenticeship in a few months.
    It's the same thing!
    Don't let it put you off. Behaviour management is hard at the best of times with years of experience.

3. winny

winny New commenter

Sorry you were put in that dreadful position, the school has not been fair to you at all.
    Maybe you should consider getting some experience of schools as a supply teaching assistant. My niece was thinking of teacher training and that's what she did to help her decide if it was right for her. I also had several graduates working as TA's in my classroom over the years who signed up with agencies for the same reason. It's a good way to see how things are done in schools and maybe pick up some valuable tips.