1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worst Christmas song

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Yelena-Naimushina, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Yelena-Naimushina

Yelena-Naimushina New commenter

Christina Aguilera - Christmas Song, this has given me a migraine

Close second - the Pogues a fairytale of new york - just have to get out of the room if it's playing.

2. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

I agree wiith you on the Christina Aguilera choice but the Pogues song is one of my favourites.

My worst song is that dreadful one by Chris de Burgh and his spaceman but I suspect I'm in a club of one here.

3. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

No contest - Mistletoe and Whine. The spelling is deliberate . . .

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I am totally sick of hearing the Pogues/MacColl song. I never liked it at the best of times, but I've nearly lost control of the car in trying to switch the radio off when it's come on in the past fortnight.

Wizzard's 'I wish it could be Christmas Every Day' has been my favourite since it was first released.

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Nah - his 'Lord's prayer' to Auld Lang Syne is far, far worse.

6. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I hate the Wizzard one, but not as much as Noddy Holder screaming "It's Christmaaaaasss!"

7. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I was just musing yesterday, that I hadn't heard Noddy and co screeching this year. Apparently, he earns enough from that song each year to keep him in a very comfortable lifestyle.

8. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

I had forgotten that. Thanks for reminding me.:eek:

9. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I think "Gaudete" is about the only Christmas song I don't inwardly groan at (or worse)
    There have been some truly awful Xmas offerings.......

10. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Mistletoe and W(h)ine
    Spaceman

11. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Las Ketchup "The Ketchup Song (Xmas Version)"

Take a cheerful if inconsequential summer song and scatter sleigh bells all over it.