1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worst/best thing a new TA might do on their first day??

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by squogg, Nov 7, 2011.

1. This is my first post in this forum and I am looking for a little bit of advice pretty please! I am currently looking for a TA job, and I just wondered, what things would really annoy you as an experienced TA about a new TA starting? Feel free to include any anecdotes etc. I don't want to sound too eager to please but at the same time I know I'll be so excited to start a new job, and probably really apprehensive too. Or, what practical suggestions would you have for a new TA to start a job the best possible way? Thanks.

2. There is very little that could annoy me about a new TA starting a job as I would always want to be supportive to a new colleague.
    The trickier part is getting the job in the first place. Good luck with that.

3. Oh well done and good luck with your interview.
    There is a 'Interview Questions' thread lurking somewhere on the TA forums that may be of help.