1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worried

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by kez145, Mar 18, 2012.

1. I'm just hoping that someone may have some suggestions. I've been suffering from nausea and dizziness for the past few weeks. I ended up taking a day off work as it was getting to the point that I was having to sit down before I fell down in the classroom. I took a pregnancy test which was negative and have since had a period. I am on the pill. So I went to the doctors and he checked my balance and ears etc and said it was more than likely a viral infection. The doctor was worried that I was under too much stress at work which was making me ill. The worrying thing is that I am still feeling dizzy and sick sporadically and now my abdomen and stomach are swollen. I have never been the slimmest of characters but I have been attending slimming world and lost weight yet my stomach is becoming more and more swollen. It is much better in a morning although still not flat but I look about six months pregnant by bedtime. My diet hasn't changed too much and it isn't wind or constipation. I don't want to go the doctors again and come across as a hypochondriac but I am starting to get concerned.

2. You definitely need to go back to the doctors. You sound anything but a hypochondriac to me - there is clearly something wrong that has not been resolved.

3. I agree with brettgirl, you need to go back to the doctor.
    Did you have any tests done the first time?

4. I've booked a doctors appointment for Friday and booked an eye test for the Easter holidays in case the dizziness and nausea are related to that. I think the doctor just saw it as stress related which is understandable considering the job but If I'd taken his advice and been signed off I'd never go back. I don't think the stress of the job is likely to change any time soon. Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it. All sorts of things have been running through my head which will only make it worse. Thank you for your support and advice.