1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worried!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by reddevil, Jun 4, 2011.

1. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Hi
    Hope you're feeling better today. Was the 2-3 weeks pregnant that the test came up with what you thought it should be?

2. Yes, 2-3 weeks meaning 4-5 weeks in real terms was what I was expecting.
    Still getting small amounts of brown cm and slight cramps - going to ring doctors on Monday.
    Hoping and praying x x x

3. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Good that it's what you were expecting. Take it easy tomorrow and try not to dwell on phoning the doc on Monday...easy to say I know.

4. I didn't want to read and run, Emclare. Congratulations on your bfp. It must be extremely stressful wondering if all is right. I, too, had really bad cramps in the first 3 weeks - i think it's everything bedding in/ pulling and stretching. Can you give the Early Maternity Unit a call and drop in to see them? My thoughts are with you as I imagine the 'not knowing' must be awful . x

5. Congratulations Emclare- I had no spotting but I did have horrendous period cramps both times (I have one 16 month old and am currently 26 weeks tomorrow with number 2!) Both times I was so sure AF was on her way that I bought tampax. I think spotting can be normal but just wanted to assure you that the pain is! Good luck- hope it sticks! x

6. Still getting brown cm although less than before.
    Rang doctors today and have got an appointment at the EPU on Wednesday. The doctor told me to go prepared for the worst.
    Still hoping and praying x x x

7. Hope everything goes ok. I suppose doctors have to say that just incase. You're in my prayers too - best wishes x

8. I had bleeding and spotting all the way from week 5-week 7, with bad crampy pains. My doctor told me to prepare for the worst, and I came home crying. I had a 12 week scan yesterday, and had a lovely wriggly baby! I hope you get good news as well x

9. I hope all goes well emclare know how worrying it is. At least it's a good sign that its been brown blood- I had this at 8 weeks thinking I was mc, but scan at EPU showed all was fine and nurse said that brown blood tends to be old blood clearing out of your system.
    I'll be thinking of you, take care x

10. Thank you for all of your support, it's much appreciated x x x

11. Oh emclare - I have just seen this. (()) Hope all goes well on Wednesday. Make sure you get plenty of rest ad get your OH to spoil you.

12. I warned about the doctor negativity, dont take too much notice of that. I think what you DO need to be prepared for though is as you will be about 5 weeks they are highly unlikely to be able to confirm that everything is OK (ie your pregnancy is viable that early). All they will be able to tell is whether the pregnancy is ectopic or not. FS and I have both had positive scan results at five and a half but even this is unlikely. Unfortunately you are likely to be told there is a sac but that you have to go back in a week to ten days for them to confirm either way.

13. Yes, my 4+5 scan confirmed a gestational sac in my uterus but didn't see the heartbeat until 5+5. I really hope it goes well for you. Fingers crossed xxx

14. I hope all goes well emclare on Wednesday for you. In the meantime try and look after youaelf. Thinking of you xxx

15. Internal scan showed that my womb lining is nice and thick but there is no sign of a pregnancy as yet. They have taken bloods to rule out ectopic pregnancy - if HCG is not normal and indicates an ectopic I may have to go into hospital today, if it is normal I'll have to go back on Fri for more blood tests. I'm only 4 +6 today so it is possible that there is nothing to see yet but it could also be a threatened miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy. Still very worried and awaiting test results as I type.

16. oh emclare, I really hope it is all ok. thinking of you. let us know xxxxx

17. Thanks rwe - I will do x x x

18. ((emclare)) I have everything crossed that it's good news on Friday. Thinking of you, take care. x x

19. I hope it's all okay and just really early. My tubal ectopic pregnancy was diagnosed at 6 weeks and was huge so obvious in the scan. Non-tubal ectopics are far more rare so it is extremely unlikely that's what you have. Hopefully all is well so keep taking the folic acid and keep everything crossed. We are all here for you; the waiting is just horrible and I wish they could always give us answers immediately xxx

20. sending big hugs to you em. Really hope everything is ok. Will be thinking of you on Friday xxx