1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

worried sick

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by confusedaspie, Nov 30, 2011.

1. confusedaspie

confusedaspie New commenter

Hi everyone

As title says really! Ttc for a long time. I have endo and partner has great density but very very slow motility and bad morphology. Got bfp on monday at 29dpo, twice. My cycles can be anything from 30 to 34 days. This was monday. Tested again yesterday with two cheapies, a first response very strong and clear blue digital, 3 weeks pregnant, although cant possibly be! Terrified now ive tested too soon, as period might actually not be due till saturday. Terrified that am going to have chemical pregnancy and lose before saturday. Or have ectopic pregnancy due to endo. Am terrified that I will lose it when just started. I feel this will be worse than no positive at all. I feel so stupid but I cant stop worrying and worrying. No close friends, only child, have talked to dh but doesn't understand how worried I feel

2. confusedaspie

Hi everyone

As title says really! Ttc for a long time. I have endo and partner has great density but very very slow motility and bad morphology. Got bfp on monday at 29dpo, twice. My cycles can be anything from 30 to 34 days. This was monday. Tested again yesterday with two cheapies, a first response very strong and clear blue digital, 3 weeks pregnant, although cant possibly be! Terrified now ive tested too soon, as period might actually not be due till saturday. Terrified that am going to have chemical pregnancy and lose before saturday. Or have ectopic pregnancy due to endo. Am terrified that I will lose it when just started. I feel this will be worse than no positive at all. I feel so stupid but I cant stop worrying and worrying. No close friends, only child, have talked to dh but doesn't understand how worried I feel

3. Hi confusedaspie. Can you just clarify - are you 29dpo or 29 days since LMP? I ask, as you can get a BFP at 10 - 11dpo.
    I've not used a clearblue digital before, but when it says 3weeks, does it mean 3 weeks since conception or 3 weeks pregnant (which would be 1 week since conception). The latter may be a silly suggestion as I don't think you'd get a BFP at 1 week from conception.
    On a positive, I think HPT's are so sensitive now that they can show positive at 10dpo which on what they call an average cycle in 4 days before AF would be due. If you have 2 lines, no matter how feint the second one, then you are pregnant and should be celebrating! Athough I understand the worry as I have had 2 mmc's myself.
    Fingers crossed for you x

4. confusedaspie

Thanks for replying! My mistake, 29days into my cycle, not sure when I ov but probably about 12dpo. Had very strong lines on first response both times. Just worried that becauseed ive tested before period due it might turn to chemical pregnancy. Clearblue show weeks since conception so this cant possibly be right! So sorry about your miscarriages, you must be a very strong person, dont know how id be with that, im obviously very weak!x

5. I dont think a strong line would indicate chemical pregnancy if anything the opposite is probably true. The most likely explanation is that you ovulated earlier than you thought, and your urine was very concentrated. With my first baby line at 19 dpo was very strong and immediate and not first thing!! Those conception indicators are only meant to be a gimic anyway. Or if you want something to speculate about maybe its twins...... But whatever please stop testing you have a bfp, nothing is to be gained from doing more tests. Book yourself a private scan for 7 weeks if you need some reassurance. Good luck!

6. I say a positive is a positive and you can celebrate being pregnant. I did a test fairly early (10 dpo) and the line was really faint- so much so that I was debating with my partner whether it was actually there! A few days later I did another and got a clear positive, so I think any line is a positive and you are pregnant. You don't really need to do another test, but wait for a couple of weeks and then make an appointment with your GP.
    I completely understand that you are worried about losing it. I had to force myself to not worry until 12 weeks and even now I get anxious at times (24+5). Try and stay as positive as you can and look after yourself by taking vitamins, relaxing as much as possible and taking your mind off things by keeping busy. Do not read articles online as it just adds worry for no reason- I gave myself a lot of grief with this. I know it is very hard and I'm thinking of you. Got everything crossed that it will turn out fine.