1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

worried about not having enough experience in interview...

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by jshore21, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Iv been given my interview this friday for a secondary food technology and textiles PGCE course, and im worried i wont have enough experience. I will be working in a school for my placement for a month in march, and i would have worked in a school for my last years placement also but the uni made a mistake and i ended up not going anywhere. I will defiantly volunteer at the school near me once the uni year has ended, and iv worked with children at a riding stables helping children learn to ride and giving them information about the horses. When my mom worked at a ladys house, i would go there everyday 8 till 6 and look after the children, cooking for them etc. I really want to teach and be on this course! my heart is set on it! can anyone give me any advise?

2. I think you will be fine, as long as you mention your intentions of getting experience, and make sure you emphasise the experience you DO have.
    I am in the same position - am currently in my last year of uni and have a little bit of experience, but not as much as some people I've been interviewed with.
    Good luck!

3. Went through with my interview, i thought it went really well, although they didnt ask me what experience i had with children at all! BUT the course only has 6 places =/ and there were over 20 people applying, within those 20 people were older students who had much more experience/confidence, so i think they'll get it. Oh well, tried my best, get my answer on the 17th but not getting my hopes up

4. Stay positive! It's a hard old game this PGCE lark but I'm sure everything will be fine! Good luck!