1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worried about next week

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by thekillers1, Jul 8, 2018.

1. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

Are there any year six teachers sitting in anticipation with next week’s SATs data? Just feeling a little bit on edge, in case the data’s demonstrated little or no progress.

2. bugsysmum

bugsysmum New commenter

Not teaching Year 6 anymore but feel for you. My daughter is in year 6 and as a teaching parent I know she's had a great year with a brilliant teacher. Don't care if the SATs say otherwise but hope they do so she can get the recognition she deserves. Mr Gove deserves much unpleasantness served upon him. Wishing you best of luck and remember you know you've worked hard to do the best for your class regardless of what the results say.

3. thekillers1

Thank you. I’ve requested to move year groups for the next academic year which I am xx

bugsysmum likes this.
  4. thekillers1

F55693D3-9DAE-4FEF-831F-6BE02CC1CBE5.jpeg

bugsysmum and Mrsmumbles like this.
  5. katykook

katykook Occasional commenter

6. thekillers1

katykook likes this.
  7. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I now tutor English and literacy to a huge range of year sixes, across the area, from about 10 different schools. I tell the kids and their anxious parents that SATS are a load of and that they tell you very little. That yes I do know what I am talk8n* about because I’ve worked in top secondaries for many years and we were not remotely interested in SATS. Nor did I care about ridiculous jargonistic rubbish phrases like obtaining ‘greater depth’ or whatever. I mean, even the minister Gibbo guy couldn’t score well on some grammar tests. It’s a test. We can all make up silly tests. The relief on the face she of parents and kids is so obvious, when I tell them this. It really shouldn’t matter. It doesn’t for transitions to independent and grammar schools. No idea about academies, which are fast becoming failing businesses. I hope they don’t.

8. Mrsmumbles

thekillers1 likes this.
  9. Mrsmumbles

thekillers1 likes this.
  10. Mrsmumbles

“Och aye, but yi cannae polish a toorde...”
    (Said Bo Jo in his annoyingly bad Scottish accent.)

thekillers1 likes this.
  11. MadHatter1985

MadHatter1985 New commenter

I'm waiting as well..It's tomorrow at 10:30, isn't it? I guess there's no point in worrying about what I can't change. If the results are a bit low, I'll just make a plan for next year. :)

thekillers1 likes this.
  12. cornflake

cornflake Established commenter

Results will be available from 7.30am... which is a MASSIVE step forward from releasing them at midnight, when you felt (as Head) that you had to log in and get them immediately!

thekillers1 likes this.
  13. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

It's so sad that anyone cares this much.

Gotta say. I have no idea what my girls got for KS2 SATs.
    What my grandson gets next year? Also don't care.

As long as he's happy. Which he isn't. He's bored.

Because seriously? SERIOUSLY???

They are supposed to know this terminology? Why? It doesn't make you a better reader. Or a better writer. Why d'you even need to write much at YR6? Except a thank-you letter. Plenty of time to write meaningful content when you're a teen.

subject, object
    active, passive
    synonym, antonym
    ellipsis, hyphen, colon, semi-colon, bullet points
    modal verb, relative pronoun relative clause
    parenthesis, bracket, dash cohesion, ambiguity

Sorry that you're judged on this pile of poo. Sorry that you think it matters. :(

14. thekillers1

Stop others staying awake, I suppose.