1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

worried about my job

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Torey, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

Contact your union at regional level as it sounds like you are going to need their support. Teacher support line can also he helpful to talk to.

2. inq

inq

Unless there is some gross misconduct I don't think you can just 'lose your job'. There are options on competency procedures if you need support but the idea of that is that they support you to improve not just to get rid of you.
    Someone has to have the lowest FSP - is it really all your fault? Are you the only teacher? Do you have a TA? What is your catchment area like? What support was offered if they felt earlier in the year that children weren't making enough progress? What were the children's baseline scores like?
    We were due OFSTED in October but we're still waiting; as your FSP scores were not as you wished I'd have a good think as to why and have as much documented evidence as you can to show what you did to help the children.
    Try not to panic - I'm sure others will have better advice.