1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worried about interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Kennedy84, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have an interview at the end of April at Middlesex uni for the PGCE Music Secondary. I am really worrying about it, and know if I carry on like this all month I will be a wreck by the day of the interview!
    II am really worried that I won't get in, and by that time my final choice will be filled up, so it is probably my last possibility!

Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for the interview, but also keep calm about it!?

2. Hi!
    I know just how you feel, I have an interview for early years on wednesday and am really nervous now as its prob my last shot for this year and I've never been to one before either! I got my letter about 5 weeks ago and have been trying to make the effort not to think too much about it until about three weeks ago. I did little bits each day, read the TES each friday and then when it got closer started on the presentation and reading excersise. My top tip in my point of view was to do little bits at a time. I picked the sections I was most worried about (presentations ARGHHH!) and spent longer on those and just tried to stay calm. I'll freely admit that I am worried and nervous now with only 2 days left, but keep telling myself that everyone is in the same boat, and that interviewers will take into account nerves and such. Make sure you do some fun things as well as prepping for it, and I've also found practising my presentation to a pretend audience has calmed me a little. Most of all remember that you were good enough to get an interview in the first place! Hope you do well and that something helps!

3. Thanks for your suggestions, both, they are really helpful, I feel quite reassured and positive about it now. I guess I just have to work hard to prepare and maintain my knowledge!

Bedella: Good luck for your interview, sounds like you are really prepared and have nothing to worry about!

4. Hi there,

Did you get in? I've got a place so am trying to find my fellow coursemates!