1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worried about baby's tummy.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by lilypot, Jan 27, 2012.

1. (((Rokenswife))) - it's horrible when our babies are poorly and we just don't know what we can do to make their lives easier. However, first and foremost, you are doing everything you possibly can, so don't be too hard on yourself.
    My LO did have reflux (after much pestering and tears to the doctors when they couldn't see anything wrong. LO was gaining weight and was happy and smiley at every doctors appointment - but I knew something was wrong as she wasn't drinking milk when clearly hungry). I've said this on other posts but from someone with a GP sister, my sister will readily admit that GPs are generally insensitive because they go on 'proof' rather than the words of mum, if that makes sense? So, the GP wasn't listening to what I had to say because the weight charts clearly said that my LO eating because she's gaining weight! It is incredibly frustrating so definitely keep at it - the GP will listen eventually.
    That's great that you're seeing a paedetrician. They will be far more likely to put you at ease (I ended up taking our LO to the local Children's Hospital and they were just fantastic. Theyreally made me feel like I wasn't just some over-emotional, hormonal wreck and listened carefully to what I had to say).
    I really hope things gets sorted for you. Try not to stress yourself out (easier said than done I know!). As I said at the start, you are doing everything you possibly can for your LO, so don't be too hard on yourself!
    Lily

2. Hugs and sympathy. I second what Lily says. Our reflux problem didn't improve until we got an appt with a hospital consultant. I was constantly fobbed off by GPs but the consultant at the hospital prescribed the right stuff and we saw almost an overnight improvement. Be persistent. Good luck.