1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worldwide sales

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by labellaroma, Sep 24, 2017.

1. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

Did you all see the recent video clip of Emily who said she had sold to over 300 countries!!! I thought that's an awful lot of countries so I went onto 'google' as you do, to find out how many countries there actually are in the world. Guess what? There are 196. Go figure... Soon after this another video of the same Emily appeared stating she had now sold to 106 countries. Or was it 126 countries. Whatever the revised number was it was significantly lower than the original 300 countries. I myself have sold to 22 countries and 26 USA states, of which I was extremely proud. However I've a long way to go to catch up with Emily, lol...

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  2. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

How do you know how many countries you've sold to? Do you keep some sort of a record or is there somewhere on Tes dashboard that keeps this information?

3. labellaroma

Yes I keep a record. I have a world map where I mark the countries I have sold to and I have a map of north America showing the states. Those states I have sold to, I get great joy out of colouring them in. You may think it's sad. However I have always been intrigued as to where in the world my resources are actually going to. My students are equally impressed.

4. labellaroma

I should have said that my students are also interested knowing where in the world other kids are doing the same work as them. I am semi-retired and teach privately from 2 ½ years to 15 year olds.

5. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

If you click on the resource on the 'Sales' page, a drop down with information appears @hoppytimes ... Theres no other way of knowing but a map graphic would be cool- not necessary but cool :) I sold a resource to Japan this morning!

6. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

It only goes back to last 90 days! :(
    So far 11 countries, 5 US states, the most exotic location - Bermuda.

labellaroma and MissHallEnglish like this.
  7. Resource_Creator

Resource_Creator New commenter

Yes, I too get a little buzz when I see the different countries sold to. So far United Kingdom (of course), USA, Egypt, New Zealand, Australia. I'd like some Asian countries!

iGCSE101 and labellaroma like this.
  8. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Off the top of my head: Qatar, Kuwait, Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, US, Oz, NZ and The Solomon Islands + more I can't remember! None to North Korea...yet!

iGCSE101 and labellaroma like this.
  9. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

Love that idea!

labellaroma likes this.