1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

worldwide cooperation: classroom language exchange!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by missAlana, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Hello everyone!
    I'm an English teacher in Argentina (spanish speaking south american country) and I have an idea that can make both your students and mine more engaged with their foreign/second language lessons.
    I thought that I could ask them to write short texts and interviews and, instead of just leaving them in their notes,sending them to Spanish students in an English speaking country for them to answer those emails and thus interact with a native speaker. I think this will make their work more meaningful and help us make up for their lack of interest in the subject.
    All interactions should be written both in Spanish and English, so it's useful both for your students and mine.

My students are in high school's first grade (13 years old approximately) in a lower middle class area in Buenos Aires.
    They are 120! We have started from scratch a week ago, so I am currently teaching them how to introduce themselves and to ask for and provide personal information.
    If the project goes well and students like it, we might consider extending it throughout the year.
    If any Spanish teacher is interested, please email me. I'm willing to start asap.

Thank you very much and good luck!

2. Hello everyone!
    I'm an English teacher in Argentina (spanish speaking south american country) and I have an idea that can make both your students and mine more engaged with their foreign/second language lessons.
    I thought that I could ask them to write short texts and interviews and, instead of just leaving them in their notes,sending them to Spanish students in an English speaking country for them to answer those emails and thus interact with a native speaker. I think this will make their work more meaningful and help us make up for their lack of interest in the subject.
    All interactions should be written both in Spanish and English, so it's useful both for your students and mine.

My students are in high school's first grade (13 years old approximately) in a lower middle class area in Buenos Aires.
    They are 120! We have started from scratch a week ago, so I am currently teaching them how to introduce themselves and to ask for and provide personal information.
    If the project goes well and students like it, we might consider extending it throughout the year.
    If any Spanish teacher is interested, please email me. I'm willing to start asap.

Thank you very much and good luck!

3. Hi Alana,

I would be interested in theory. I shall inbox you now to explain further.

Un saludo,
    Michelle