1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

World's safest countries revealed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bumchuckle, Oct 2, 2018.

1. bumchuckle

bumchuckle Occasional commenter

2. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

From the link:

The report, published by think tank the Institute for Economics and Peace, ranked 163 countries by 23 factors, including
    murder rate, political terror, and deaths from internal conflict

17 of the 31 safest countries in the world are in the EU; that must be very disappointing for those US right wingers who thnk the EU, particularly Germany (17th) & Sweden (14th), have large swathes of lawless 'no go' areas.

FrankWolley likes this.
  3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Where's the UK?

4. Nanook_rubs_it

5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

So when there is a United Ireland we can expect Ireland to fall in the rankings and the UK to rise?

Nanook_rubs_it likes this.
  6. Nanook_rubs_it

Maybe, though Belfast is one of the cities I have felt safest going out in, even in the early 1990's.

racroesus likes this.
  7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

That's right. I've walked, alone, across various boundaries deep in the night but it is changing as longer licenses allow more groups to be about later. I still take a detour around a couple of hostelries on my own after the rugby and before the last train.

Nanook_rubs_it likes this.